Hey SimplyPrinters! We have another update for you; brand new filament page + spool add tool! So if you haven't tried our filament system yet; now is the time! It's now easier than ever, let's dive in to the changes!
- New filament page
The filament panel tab was one of the oldest part of the platform, and was in need of a rework - a rework that is now live! This includes;
- Better sorting
- Search bar to search for filament
- Sort by brand & type
- Recycle bin for all the as-good-as-empty spools
- New spool add flow / creator
We have completely reworked the "Add filament" flow! Changes include;
- You can now select the brand from a dropdown
- We have added over 300 spool presets! So if you select a brand, you might notice you'll be able to pick the spool & color as well; we can now auto fill all the details! - this is still only for a select few filaments, it takes ages to add it, we're trying to work with the different brands and have them send us their filament data - let us know if your favorite brand is missing, and send them an email saying they should contact us!
- Specify the cost of the spool - this will allow us to very soon give you a price estimate on your prints!
- 3 quick spool size presets (you can change the 3 sizes to your most used!)
- A few new colors added in the default color list
- New filament settings
- Standard currency setting
- Default filament width/thickness setting
- "Trash threshold"; when a spool should end up in the bin
- Spool weight presets
- Not really a setting, but overview over all the filament brands we've added, and all their spools
- General bugfixes
- Fixed a few UI-related bugs in Safari (logo on new frontpage, images in file selector & printers in multiprint)
- Fixed print job page bug (resulting in it not loading)
- Fixed a few performance issue bugs that resulted in a few minutes of downtime on October 20 (https://status.simplyprint.io/history)
- Fixed some minor dark mode issues
- Fixed nozzle diameter setting not working (defaulted to 0.4 at all times)
- Fixed support not being generated in some cases
The filament updates have been implemented in the app, and we're just awaiting its release - should be out within 2 days.
- New "change filament" flow (complete rework)
- A lot of exciting stuff with QR codes, NFC & barcodes in our app 😉
- Print price calculator
- And a much more!
As always, let us know if you find any bugs or have suggestions!
- The SimplyPrint team